Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Kid Friendly "Mock" Mash Potatoes

Don't these mash potatoes look super scrumptulous? 

.. Don't worry they are great, but they are not made from potatoes.  :)  When I stumbled across this idea I was beyond excited because this year in our household has been about healthier eating, portion control, and cramming in fruits and veggies wherever possible.  My kids, like all kids, are picky eaters so I feel as if trying new things that are a part of the unknown it scares them into starvation!  These "mock" potatoes are slowly becoming a household favorite because although you can taste "the secret ingredient", when you add sour cream or cream cheese to the batch it is totally yummo-licious!

Ingredients and To Do's:

I used two big frozen bags of Cauliflower, about 2 lbs.
Cook on medium high until tender.
Drain water from Cauliflower


Blend Cauliflower.
Add Water if you want them less thick.
Add Sour Cream or Cream Cheese.  I added about 1/4 block of cream cheese.
Fluff with fork and then season to taste.


 I threw these secret potatoes on top of our Shepherd's Pie for dinner tonight and it was amazing!


Yummo!

Candi-Kisses and Courtney-Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment